Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Groupon analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Groupon SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Groupon to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Groupon is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Groupon SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Groupon competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Deep discounted vouchers for products and services
IT & Technology
The first company to provide online coupon deals
Everyday internet users
Internet users who like shopping and discounts
To connect local commerce, increasing consumer buying power while driving more business to local merchants through price and discovery
1. Internationally recognized brand with operations in more than 40+ countries 2. First movers advantage, it is the largest company in the daily deals market with 400,000+ active deals globally 3. Nearly 50 million active customers with strong revenues
4. Diversification into new markets with strategic entry into e-commerce
5. Focus on local, primarily small merchants
6. Getting users a taste of the luxurious goods at an affordable price
7. Over 10,000 employees are with the company
1. High competition from other players means lesser margins 2. Lack of customer loyalty due to many customers being one time users for the deals
1. Market penetration of mobile apps has increased, Groupon can leverage this market with its app 2. Better targeting of deals – personalization, to attract newer customers 3. Relationship building with existing partners for long term and return business
1. Many copycats have emerged in emerging markets which threaten to eat into Groupon’s market share 2. Due to non-personalization of deals, it threatens the ecosystem of the complete business model 3. Anti-competitive investigations aimed to curb deep discounted deals
1. PennyGrab, Inc. 2. DealsOfAmerica.com 3. RetailMeNot, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Groupon. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute