Murata Manufacturing SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Murata Manufacturing to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Murata Manufacturing is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Murata Manufacturing SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Murata Manufacturing, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Murata Manufacturing looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing :
1. Strong presence in diverse sectors such as ceramic capacitors, piezoelectric components, microwave devices and module products
2. Strong and stable financials due to diversified product portfolio
3. Strong presence in various end markets such as audio-visulas, computers, communication, automotive electronics and home electronics
4. Has a small workforce but with its expertise prepares some of the finest innovative engineering electronics
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis:
1. High external borrowing which increased and weak liquidity position is a concern
2. Limited global reach and tieups means high vulnerability towards one economy
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis:
1. Surge in demand for flatscreen TV in south-east Asia has potential to trigger further growth
2. Launch of new products in recent times has created a cushion from fluctuations in demand
3. Global surge in demand for computers and their peripherals
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing are as mentioned:
1. Most of its revenue generated from markets outside Japan; therefore Yen appreciation is a threat
2. Strict compliance norms in Japan
3. Threat of natural disasters – as a result of 2011 japan earthquake, the company’s production units in Tome, Shendai, and Oyama were suspended
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Murata Manufacturing:
1. Kyocera Corporation
2. Vishay Intertechnology
3. AVX Corporation
4. Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
5. Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
6. Premier Farnell plc
Hence this concludes the Murata Manufacturing SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Murata Manufacturing Overview|
Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd
Innovator in Electronics
Constantly evolving to change to the current needs
|Murata Manufacturing STP|
Ceramic capacitors, piezoelectric components, microwave devices and module products
Audio-visual, communications, computers, peripherals, automotive electronics and home electronics businesses
Positioned as an innovator whose products change but whose values remain irresolute with time
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Murata Manufacturing. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us