Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Murata Manufacturing analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Murata Manufacturing to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Murata Manufacturing is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Murata Manufacturing SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Murata Manufacturing competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Constantly evolving to change to the current needs
Murata Manufacturing STP
Ceramic capacitors, piezoelectric components, microwave devices and module products
Audio-visual, communications, computers, peripherals, automotive electronics and home electronics businesses
Positioned as an innovator whose products change but whose values remain irresolute with time
SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing
Murata Manufacturing Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing:
1. Strong presence in diverse sectors such as ceramic capacitors, piezoelectric components, microwave devices and module products 2. Strong and stable financials due to diversified product portfolio 3. Strong presence in various end markets such as audio-visulas, computers, communication, automotive electronics and home electronics
4. Has a small workforce but with its expertise prepares some of the finest innovative engineering electronics
Murata Manufacturing Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis:
1. High external borrowing which increased and weak liquidity position is a concern 2. Limited global reach and tieups means high vulnerability towards one economy
Murata Manufacturing Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Murata Manufacturing SWOT Analysis:
1. Surge in demand for flatscreen TV in south-east Asia has potential to trigger further growth 2. Launch of new products in recent times has created a cushion from fluctuations in demand 3. Global surge in demand for computers and their peripherals
Murata Manufacturing Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Murata Manufacturing are as mentioned:
1. Most of its revenue generated from markets outside Japan; therefore Yen appreciation is a threat 2. Strict compliance norms in Japan 3. Threat of natural disasters – as a result of 2011 japan earthquake, the company’s production units in Tome, Shendai, and Oyama were suspended
Murata Manufacturing Competition
Murata Manufacturing Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Murata Manufacturing:
1. Kyocera Corporation
2. Vishay Intertechnology
3. AVX Corporation
4. Taiyo Yuden Co., Ltd.
5. Benchmark Electronics, Inc.
6. Premier Farnell plc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Murata Manufacturing. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute