Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of B & Q analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In B & Q SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like B & Q to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. B & Q is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the B & Q SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top B & Q competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
DIY Home improvement tools, Gardening Supplies and Plants
Simple people with a liking for home, Upper middle class
Positioned as an organization with a big energy vision
SWOT Analysis of B & Q
B & Q Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of B & Q:
1. About 400 stores and close to 30,000 employees.
2. First retailer in the UK to offer a nationally recognized Home Improvement qualification which is accredited by leading awarding body City & Guilds.
3. 3rd largest in the world with more than 60 stores opened internationally
4. Awarded chain-of-custody certification for both Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification schemes (PEFC)
5. Strong brand name in the UK
6. It is one of the largest in Europe with a strong presence in China as well
B & Q Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the B & Q SWOT Analysis:
1.Legal issues have hurt the brand image on a few occasions
2. Intense competition from global players and limited brand differentiation
B & Q Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in B & Q SWOT Analysis:
1. Constantly creating new, differentiated, Innovative and wide range of products
2. Good international presence
3. One Planet Living business in order to reduce its impact on the world's resources.
4. Introduction of 60 double-decker lorries, a move already saving 4,800 miles and 4,600kg of emissions a day.
B & Q Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of B & Q are as mentioned:
1.Volatile revenues that makes planning difficult
2.Several independent garden centres who pose tough competition by increased local marketing and improved use of technology
3. Changes in the way consumers shop and spend and other changing consumer patterns could be a threat to B&Q's performance
B & Q Competition
B & Q Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of B & Q:
2. Crate & Barrel
3. Pier1 imports
4. Pottery Barn
5. Maisons Du Monde
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to B & Q. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute