Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of The Cooperative analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In The Cooperative SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Cooperative to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. The Cooperative is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the The Cooperative SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top The Cooperative competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative:
1. About 100,000 employees serving in close to 5000 stores benefitting over 8 million members 2. It sold some of the businesses and made a profit 3. It is the largest funeral director with over 800 funeral homes 4. Established Cooperative young member’s board, to provide insight into views, issues and aspirations of young people aged from 16-25 years 5. Has a diverse portfolio ranging from food retail to banking 6. CSR initiatives include providing grants to local groups and voluntary organizations-more than 2000 in total, over 400 cooperatives received support etc.
7. Over 70,000 employees in the organization
The Cooperative Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the The Cooperative SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in corporate costs has eroded profits away 2. No major presence outside the UK
The Cooperative Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in The Cooperative SWOT Analysis:
1. True North strategy, to be consumer-focused and provide them with real value, will help stabilize the food sector 2. Emerging markets like India, South-east Asia, South Africa etc.
The Cooperative Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative are as mentioned:
1. Moody’s downgraded the bank credit rating 2. Group lost lot of money and had significant debt 3. Food industry impacted from contaminated meat products issue
The Cooperative Competition
The Cooperative Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of The Cooperative:
3.Central England Cooperative
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Cooperative. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute