The Cooperative SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like The Cooperative to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. The Cooperative is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the The Cooperative SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the The Cooperative SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For The Cooperative, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of The Cooperative looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative :
1. About 100,000 employees serving in close to 5000 stores benefitting over 8 million members
2. It sold some of the businesses and made a profit
3. It is the largest funeral director with over 800 funeral homes
4. Established Cooperative young member’s board, to provide insight into views, issues and aspirations of young people aged from 16-25 years
5. Has a diverse portfolio ranging from food retail to banking
6. CSR initiatives include providing grants to local groups and voluntary organizations-more than 2000 in total, over 400 cooperatives received support etc.
7. Over 70,000 employees in the organization
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the The Cooperative SWOT Analysis:
1. Increase in corporate costs has eroded profits away
2. No major presence outside the UK
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in The Cooperative SWOT Analysis:
1. True North strategy, to be consumer-focused and provide them with real value, will help stabilize the food sector
2. Emerging markets like India, South-east Asia, South Africa etc.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Cooperative are as mentioned:
1. Moody’s downgraded the bank credit rating
2. Group lost lot of money and had significant debt
3. Food industry impacted from contaminated meat products issue
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of The Cooperative:
3.Central England Cooperative
Hence this concludes the The Cooperative SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|The Cooperative Overview|
The Cooperative group
Here for you, for life
Largest cooperative in the UK
|The Cooperative STP|
Middle income group
Individuals from the middle class
Good quality products at inexpensive rate
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Cooperative. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us