Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Meijer analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Meijer SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Meijer to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Meijer is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Meijer SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Meijer competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Meijer:
1. Founded in 1934, the company has many years of brand image in the market 2. The chain of stores over 200 in number spread across the country 3. The chain was among the Forbes list of "America's Largest Private Companies” 4. Meijer is one of the largest retailer in the United States
5. The company has wide portfolio with grocery, pharmacy, Electronics, home goods, clothing, fuel stations etc under the store.
6. Offer various kinds of offers and coupons on weekly basis and seasonal basis
7. Online grocery and home delivery facilities with over 70,000 employees
8. Major and wide range brands and products are available in these stores
9. It provides community rewards and notable donations & actions as a part of CSR activities
10. Huge store space with a good design gives a great shopping experience
Here are the weaknesses in the Meijer SWOT Analysis:
1. Not expanded into global market compared to competitors 2. Large untapped market expansion within the potential of the company
Following are the Opportunities in Meijer SWOT Analysis:
1. Expand globally especially to large untapped emerging markets 2. Venture into more strategic business expansion 3. More digital media and social media advertising
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Meijer are as mentioned:
1. Less entry barriers to retail industry giving chance to new entrants 2. Low switching costs for customers which reduce brand loyalty 3. Heavy competition from global players
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Meijer. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute