Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Shaw Industries analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Shaw Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Shaw Industries is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Shaw Industries SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Shaw Industries competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Based on the different kinds of flooring required.
Seekers of flooring solutions for commercial and household purposes.
Largest carpet with wide range of flooring options (carpet,hardwood etc)
SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries
Shaw Industries Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries:
1. Constantly ranked No. 1 flooring company by all leading flooring publications. 2. Constant innovations like LifeGuard waterproof carpets, R2X Stain Resistance etc. ensure that the products always stay relevant with the changing consumer preferences. 3. Maintaining good relationship with dealers. 4. Partnership with St. Jude to help to treat child cancer.
5. High expertise in the area, the company having been founded in 1946.
6. Offers all kind of flooring options including area rugs and tiles and stone floors.
7. High customer service from helping the customers from choosing the right kind of flooring option, color to installation.
8. Involved in post- consumer carpet collection and recycling.
Shaw Industries Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Due to so much competition, the product loses differentiation in the flooring segment. 2. The maintenance of logistics and distribution is quite expensive. 3. High cost of procurement of raw materials.
Shaw Industries Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis:
1.Launch of new products in Asian and African markets where carpeted flooring options are no required due to hot weather 2. Constant growth opportunities through mergers and acquisitions, thus delivering constant value to the consumers. 3. Helping control pollution by its constant innovations like EcoWorx backing system
4. Association with builders and home improvement retailers for satisfying their flooring needs.
Shaw Industries Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries are as mentioned:
1. Expenditure on this segment also dependent on how well the economy is doing. 2. Specialty flooring companies like Mohawk and Tile Shop are growing rapidly by doing well in small segments of flooring business. 3. Constant innovation required to differentiate its products from the competitors.
Shaw Industries Competition
Shaw Industries Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Shaw Industries:
1. Tile Shop 2. Mohawk Industries 3. Interface
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shaw Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute