Shaw Industries SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Shaw Industries to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Shaw Industries is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Shaw Industries SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Shaw Industries, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Shaw Industries looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries :
1. Constantly ranked No. 1 flooring company by all leading flooring publications.
2. Constant innovations like LifeGuard waterproof carpets, R2X Stain Resistance etc. ensure that the products always stay relevant with the changing consumer preferences.
3. Maintaining good relationship with dealers.
4. Partnership with St. Jude to help to treat child cancer.
5. High expertise in the area, the company having been founded in 1946.
6. Offers all kind of flooring options including area rugs and tiles and stone floors.
7. High customer service from helping the customers from choosing the right kind of flooring option, color to installation.
8. Involved in post- consumer carpet collection and recycling.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis:
1. Due to so much competition, the product loses differentiation in the flooring segment.
2. The maintenance of logistics and distribution is quite expensive.
3. High cost of procurement of raw materials.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Shaw Industries SWOT Analysis:
1.Launch of new products in Asian and African markets where carpeted flooring options are no required due to hot weather
2. Constant growth opportunities through mergers and acquisitions, thus delivering constant value to the consumers.
3. Helping control pollution by its constant innovations like EcoWorx backing system
4. Association with builders and home improvement retailers for satisfying their flooring needs.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shaw Industries are as mentioned:
1. Expenditure on this segment also dependent on how well the economy is doing.
2. Specialty flooring companies like Mohawk and Tile Shop are growing rapidly by doing well in small segments of flooring business.
3. Constant innovation required to differentiate its products from the competitors.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Shaw Industries:
1. Tile Shop
2. Mohawk Industries
Hence this concludes the Shaw Industries SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Shaw Industries Overview|
Berkshire Hathaway, Inc.
Awesome happens on Shaw floors.
World’s largest carpet manufacturer.
|Shaw Industries STP|
Based on the different kinds of flooring required.
Seekers of flooring solutions for commercial and household purposes.
|Positioning||Largest carpet with wide range of flooring options (carpet,hardwood etc)|
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shaw Industries. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us