Alfred Dunhill SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Alfred Dunhill, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Alfred Dunhill is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Alfred Dunhill SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Alfred Dunhill, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Alfred Dunhill looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Alfred Dunhill :
1. Dunhill is a prestigious member of the Richmond group which is owns brands like Cartier and other luxury leather goods brands.
2. Gives the ultimate experience of masculinity to men by opening the “Dunhill House” in New York, Shanghai, Tokyo, Paris, London with tailors on hand, barbers, treatment rooms, restaurant bars and even rooms if customer wants to stay overnight.
3. Dunhill is been worn by royalties and is been supplying suits to “James Bond” series
4. The brand has stores more than 50 stores all around the world and was one of the first brands to have a flagship stores in London, Paris and New York.
5. Dunhill uses extensive advertising to promote its products which has been a great success. Voice their recent advertising movie showing their spring collection in relation to London 2012 olympics.
6. A brand which recognizes success has been sponsoring golf tournaments rewarding talented golfers.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Alfred Dunhill SWOT Analysis:
1. Thier online retail business has not been as successful as some other brands
2. Presence of other international brands hence high brand switching
3. Limited presence in some emerging economies which can be a potential market
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Alfred Dunhill SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and various expansions and acquisitions abroad
2. Expansion into Hospitality sector
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Alfred Dunhill are as mentioned:
1. Other Luxury brands offering the similar quality at cheaper rates.
2. Increasing Raw material prices
3. Fake imitations and replicas affect the brands
Hence this concludes the Alfred Dunhill SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Alfred Dunhill Overview|
Alfred Dunhill ltd
Apparel and accessories
Passion for creation
An innovative and masterpiece brand which aims at giving perfection to its customers with a British attitude.
|Alfred Dunhill STP|
Successful men between age 35 and 55 who is “understated yet individual” fashion aware and are not dictated by to by fashion.
A brand which emits masculinity, ingenuity and Englishness into a contemporary attitude to a customer.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alfred Dunhill. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us