Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Carmax analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Carmax SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Carmax to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Carmax is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Carmax SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Carmax competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Offer one roof solution for buying of new and used cars
People of United States
People looking for buying of new/used cars
The auto superstore
SWOT Analysis of Carmax
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Carmax:
1. Fortune 500 company 2. Company outlets are present in more than 110 locations and 650 retail stores across globe 3. Largest used-car retailer of United States 4. Company has manufacturer franchises with Ford, BMW and Volvo
Here are the weaknesses in the Carmax SWOT Analysis:
1. Inventory holding is large 2. Size of store is very large (approximately 59,000 square feet) which add in an operational cost. 3. World wise presence is very less
Following are the Opportunities in Carmax SWOT Analysis:
1. Ever increasing demand for second hand cars
2. Export opportunity to developing country
3. Participation in various auto expos and displaying auto design
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Carmax are as mentioned:
1. Increase in crude oil prices may slowdown the growth of industry 2. Online consultancy is available for purchase of cars 3. Increasing raw material prices which increase the cost of car and in turn inventory holding
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Carmax. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute