Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dunelm Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dunelm Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dunelm Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dunelm Group is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Dunelm Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dunelm Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People who want to give a personalized touch to their homes.
Home makers who want to leave a touch of their personalities through their homes and its decors like curtains, blinds, beddings, cushions
Dunelm group is always there with newer ideas to make your home resemble you and is always ready to accept newer ideas from its customers.
SWOT Analysis of Dunelm Group
Dunelm Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dunelm Group:
1. Legacy of serving people since 1979 leading to strong brand equity 2. Offers wide range options for home furnishings including bedding, cushions, blinds, decors, lights, mirrors, rugs. 3. Gives an option to reserve your furnishings and collect it later. 4. Accepts newer idea from the customers.
5. One of the largest homewares retailers in the United Kingdom
Dunelm Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Dunelm Group SWOT Analysis:
1.The prices of items are higher than supermarkets which might limit the target group
2. The variety of items are limited by their offerings, options for personalized home furnishings like Presto not there.
Dunelm Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Dunelm Group SWOT Analysis:
1. More young professionals living away from home and living in nuclear families building new homes. Hence their target group is increasing fast. 2.Increasing purchasing power parity leading to improved lifestyles e.g – buy more sophisticated home furnishings 3. Expand network, product selection and reach to people by opening up more flagship stores.
4. open up opportunities for personalized furnishings on the lines of Presto.
Dunelm Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dunelm Group are as mentioned:
1.Robbery attempts and other threats lead to high priority security concerns for property loss as also safety of employees working late into the night. 2. Intense competition from other furnishings stores. 3.Competition laws an lack of large scale development space leading to merger of many convenience stores.
Dunelm Group Competition
Dunelm Group Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Dunelm Group:
1. Debenhams PLC 2. Halfords Group PLC 3. Mothercare PLC
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dunelm Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute