Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Giant Eagle analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Giant Eagle SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Giant Eagle to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Giant Eagle is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Giant Eagle SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Giant Eagle competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
That's my Giant Eagle Advantage; Lower prices. Uncompromising quality; Make every day taste better
Cater all rounded health and hygene
Giant Eagle STP
Educated home makers
Middle and lower middle class
A family store
SWOT Analysis of Giant Eagle
Giant Eagle Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Giant Eagle:
1. Over 175 local stores which are company owned 2. Over 50 stores with a franchisee model having 35,000+ employees 3. Over 160 fuel station/convenience with the store name GetGo (GetGo is a subsidiary of Giant Eagle) 4. “Advantage Card” customer loyalty program
5. Strong presence in the Pittsburgh area, almost monopoly
6. Pharmacy support is a great advantage
7. Subsidiaries such as market district, GetGo, Giant Eagle Express and Market District Express are a good addition
Giant Eagle Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Giant Eagle SWOT Analysis:
1. Many of the stores are in prime areas, but the stores are sometimes small 2. Online service and store coordination is very limited 3. Customer service at some store have allegedly been very poor
Giant Eagle Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Giant Eagle SWOT Analysis:
1. Greater variety on the types of products, such as furniture and garments 2. Chain of pharmacy can be a different spin off 3. Home delivery in the locality would ensure customer loyalty, especially with senior citizens
Giant Eagle Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Giant Eagle are as mentioned:
1. Large retail chains have taken over a lot of the market share 2. Firms with purely online retail such as Amazon are proving as a strong competition 3. With online retail, customers are able to compare prizes before visiting the store and purchasing
4. Organic food has also become a new trend among many health conscious consumers
Giant Eagle Competition
Giant Eagle Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Giant Eagle:
1. Macy’s 2. Amazon.com 3. FoodMaxx
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Giant Eagle. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute