Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ross Stores analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ross Stores SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ross Stores to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ross Stores is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Ross Stores SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Ross Stores competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Middle class with family income less than or around $100,000
Items at a discount
SWOT Analysis of Ross Stores
Ross Stores Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ross Stores:
1. 1100+ stores covering most of the states in US 2. dd’s discount(deep discount) chain for clothes and furniture 3. Gift cards of denominations up to $ 250. Customers can even design their own gift cards 4. Variety between products offered in various stores
5. Over 55,000+ employees are working for the store chain
6. The products available in the stores are Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, and house wares
Ross Stores Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Ross Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share and low brand loyalty
2. Competitor differentiation is low and also it is only limited to US for its revenues
Ross Stores Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Ross Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. Latest fashion items could be put up for auction 2. Online retail is an easy way to increase sales of items produced in bulk 3.Similar to dd’s , Ross could have a separate store for better quality products at a slightly higher or reasonable price
Ross Stores Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ross Stores are as mentioned:
1. Stores such as Zara is also able to change the products on display as fast as Ross. 2. Some supermarkets also have garments for sale 3. Boutiques sometimes offer old stock at their stores at a discount
4. Fake products of major brands attract young customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ross Stores. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute