The Fresh Market SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of The Fresh Market, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
The Fresh Market is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the The Fresh Market SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For The Fresh Market, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of The Fresh Market looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of The Fresh Market :
1. Credible brand: More than 30 years old history
2. Good distribution network: 130+ stores across the country
3. Unique Ambience: Stores plays classical music, have rustic decorations, and each employee gives a warm greeting and great assistance
4. Ideas and Tips: Different programs like meal idea, holiday idea, seafood making tips, instructional videos, etc. are run to have high customer engagement
5. Online purchase service is available for customers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the The Fresh Market SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of product innovation, little or no change in menu over long periods
2. Competitive market means low market share and less revenues
3. Primary focus is on grocery, customer need to go to other stores for other products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in The Fresh Market SWOT Analysis:
1. Potential to become a prominent global brand
2. Growth rates and profitability
3. Company can also provide products like clothes, sanitary and household
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of The Fresh Market are as mentioned:
1. The discounting strategy at Wal-Mart remains the significant
2. Rising cost of raw materials
3. Government regulations and unexpected problems
Similar to The Fresh Market
1. The Kroger Co.
2. Whole Foods Market, Inc.
3. Publix Super Markets, Inc.
Hence this concludes the The Fresh Market SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|The Fresh Market Overview|
The Fresh Market
Classical touch like classical music is still played across the stores
|The Fresh Market STP|
Middle and upper class individual
Freshness and quality
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to The Fresh Market. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us