Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bakers Delight analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bakers Delight SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bakers Delight to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bakers Delight is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Bakers Delight SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bakers Delight SWOT Analysis:
For Bakers Delight, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Bakers Delight Strengths
The strengths of Bakers Delight looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bakers Delight :
1. Expertise and authenticity of its bakers and baking methods 2. Handcrafted and fresh baked bread, from scratch each day 3. Established markets of Australia and New Zealand
4. Virtual bakery to showcase their core product, which replicates a bakery environment including a sales staff visual
5. Uniform training for Bakers Delight franchisees, managers and staff
6. It has over 700+ bakeries globally
Bakers Delight Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bakers Delight SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from unorganized sector also reduces margins and market share 2. Lack of presence in emerging markets means low brand awareness
Bakers Delight Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bakers Delight SWOT Analysis:
1. New Technology to better meet their customer’s needs with new and improved products and services
2. Presence in Emerging markets 3. Increase in the online shopping customer base
4, Tie-ups with hotel chains and restaurants
Bakers Delight Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bakers Delight are as mentioned:
1. International bakery chains as Competition 2. Unfavorable government regulations in target international markets, thereby deterring growth 3. Change in Tastes of the consumers
Bakers Delight Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Bakers Delight:
It is the “real” option for fresh bread compared to supermarkets keeping their produce on shelves for days
Bakers Delight STP
Anyone who consumes bakery products
Ageing population who have higher disposable incomes
Bakers Delight bread is handcrafted and baked fresh, from scratch each day
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bakers Delight. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute