Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cinemark analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cinemark SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cinemark to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cinemark is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Cinemark SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cinemark SWOT Analysis:
For Cinemark, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Cinemark looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cinemark :
1. Among the top multiplex operators in the US
2. Top ranked operator in Brazil and Argentina with strong market shares
3. More than two decades of experience of operating in Latin America which provides it advantage over its peers who are more invested in US where the market is more or less mature
4. More than 13,000 screens in 13 countries and more than 5000+ screens in US and Latin America
5. Its popular brands are CineArts, Century Theatres, Rave and Tinseltown
6. Strong legacy since its inception in 1984
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cinemark SWOT Analysis:
1. US market has reached maturity stage and competition has affected revenues
2. Faced many lawsuits filed against it which is a concern
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cinemark SWOT Analysis:
1. It is well positioned to capitalize on the tremendous growth opportunities in Latin America
2. Huge expansion opportunities for relatively unpenetrated market of Latin America
3. Can target niche markets by creating excellent customer service
4. Expansion to Asia, Europe markets
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cinemark are as mentioned:
1. In the US, competition from AMC which is focusing on better movie goer experience
2. Carmike, another competitor has captured mid-sized rural markets
3. People are watching pirated movies at home
4. Internet and Netflix provide easy and cheap entertainment options
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Cinemark:
1.Regal Entertainment Group 2.AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. 3.Carmike Cinemas
Geographic diversification through oversees expansion
Exploring geographies and areas where the movie theatre complex penetration is low
Midsized markets or suburbs of major cities where Cinemark theatre is the only game in town
It is positioned as the best movie experience provider in town
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cinemark. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute