Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sirius analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sirius SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sirius to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Sirius is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sirius competitors and includes Sirius target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Wide variety of genres, 24 hours, commercial-free and uncensored
Music, sports, news and entertainment radio audience
Sirius Target Market
Premium customers who can subscribe to its channels
As a premium pay-for-service radio
Sirius SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sirius:
1. It holds the title of world’s largest radio broadcaster by revenue and is one of the largest pure-play audio entertainment companies
2. Second largest media company in the US by number of paid customers, 22.3 million
3. It has monopoly over the premium Radio channel space in US 4. Sirius offers multi-channel access to its premium radio service through hardware, internet and mobile
5. Operates in US and Canada employing approx. 1500 people
6. Its operations have led to increasing profits and margins reflecting the efficient management and sound decision making of Sirius Radio
Here are the weaknesses in the Sirius SWOT Analysis:
1. Much of its revenue is dependent on the automakers as they provide bundled service of Sirius in their new or leased cars 2. Even after merger Sirius and XM still operate separately leading to confusion amongst the consumers 3. Cost cutting in advertising after merger of Sirius and XM
Following are the Opportunities in Sirius SWOT Analysis:
1. Rapid expansion and positive outlook for digital radio services in the US 2. It has in recent times been offering exclusive programs for Hispanic population who form a substantial part of the population 3. Increase in Spanish radio channel offerings will help in attracting and consolidating existing market for Hispanic population
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sirius are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from rivals’ especially online radio channels like Pandora 2. Cases of piracy and copyright issues from the music industry are high 3. Regulatory troubles and changes in US communication policy could adversely impact the company’s services and its financial condition
Below are the top 3 Sirius competitors:
1. Pandora Inc. 2. ClearChannel Inc. 3. Westwood One, Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sirius. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute