Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: May 08, 2020
SWOT analysis of Spotify analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Spotify SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Spotify to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Spotify is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Spotify SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Spotify competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People with smartphones, devices and internet connection
People looking for free quality music with various options and languages
Spotify offers millions of songs for free on various devices with option to upgrade
SWOT Analysis of Spotify
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Spotify:
1. Launched in 2008, Spotify has a library of more than 50 millions songs
2. Spotify is available on modern devices and smartphones
3. Spotify offers its music for free with advertisements but users have option to upgrade to listen high quality ad free music
4. It offers songs, podcasts, channels etc for users to listen to audio the way they like
5. It is available in all major countries
6. Spotify has high brand equity and is known across the world
7. Spotify is also available for artists as well along with users to see the insights
8. Spotify has sustained for more than 10 years in the industry which is definitely its strength
Here are the weaknesses in the Spotify SWOT Analysis:
1. Spotify paid version can be costly for people
2. Free version does not allow offline music so internet is required all the time
3. Feature wise it is similar to other apps which offer similar features and music
Following are the Opportunities in Spotify SWOT Analysis:
1. Spotify can explore options of video also in future if viable
2. Spotify branded smartphone can help them establish their brand even more
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Spotify are as mentioned:
1. Local players and downloads are still threats to app like Spotify
2. Licence and collaboration with music companies and artists is a sensitive issue and can impact business dsrastically
Below are the top 8 competitors of Spotify:
1. Apple Music
2. Prime Music
8. YouTube Music
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Spotify. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute