Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cerner Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cerner Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cerner Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cerner Corporation is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Cerner Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Cerner Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For Cerner Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Cerner Corporation Strengths
The strengths of Cerner Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cerner Corporation :
1. Strong clientele of approximately 18,000 facilities around the world, including more than 3,000 hospitals
2. Intellectual base of 22,000 employees worldwide 3. Majority market share in providing professional services and value-added services to healthcare companies globally
4. It has over 1500+ pharmacies
5. Apart from USA, it has significant presence in UK, Australia, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Germany, France etc
6. Has received several accolades and awards
Cerner Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cerner Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global presence in terms of office locations
2. Business is highly dependent on technology which changes very rapidly hence margins are restricted
Cerner Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cerner Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunity of expansion of services to other niche segments like airline and hospitality segments
2. High growth opportunities in developing markets
Cerner Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cerner Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Price war by competitors from developing countries like India 2. Slowdown/recession in healthcare industry 3. Changes in government regulation can lead to frequent changes in system adding to cost and complexity
Cerner Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 2 competitors of Cerner Corporation:
1. Allscripts Healthcare Solutions, Inc. 2. McKesson Corporation
Hence this concludes the Cerner Corporation SWOT analysis.
One of the most innovative companies in the world.
Cerner Corporation STP
Healthcare and pharmaceutical companies
Market leader, biggest and best service provider
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cerner Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute