Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Express Scripts analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Express Scripts SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Express Scripts to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Express Scripts is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Express Scripts SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
For Express Scripts, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Express Scripts Strengths
The strengths of Express Scripts looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts :
1. Market leadership in the US with client base consisting
2. Successful history of mergers and acquisitions like Medco health solutions which was the market leader
3. Integration of pharmacy and medical services enhances customer service as a holistic offering to client companies
4. Over 30,000+ people are with the organization
5. It has been a part of the Fortune 500
6. Constant R&D and new patents have strengthened its position
7. Expansion plans have enhanced its position as an industry leader
Express Scripts Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Significant amount of business is tied up to top clients 2. Controversies regarding alleged fraud hurt the brand
Express Scripts Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing number of pharmaceutical companies in emerging markets
2. Emerging markets are seeing growth of indigenous companies which are potential customers
Express Scripts Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts are as mentioned:
1. Global competition from rivals offering cheaper services
2. Economic recession can affect business adversely
Express Scripts Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Express Scripts:
1. CVS Caremark 2. OPTUMRX, INC. 3. Catamaran Corporation 4. Prime Therapeutics
Hence this concludes the Express Scripts SWOT analysis.
Serving the prescription needs of more than 50 million Americans.
Focus on health outcome improvements
Express Scripts STP
Health benefit and pharmaceutical
Large employers and corporate contracts
Company providing safe and cheaper drugs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Express Scripts. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute