Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Express Scripts analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Express Scripts SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Express Scripts to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Express Scripts is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The table below lists the Express Scripts SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Express Scripts competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Serving the prescription needs of more than 50 million Americans.
Focus on health outcome improvements
Express Scripts STP
Health benefit and pharmaceutical
Large employers and corporate contracts
Company providing safe and cheaper drugs
SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts
Express Scripts Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts:
1. Market leadership in the US with client base consisting
2. Successful history of mergers and acquisitions like Medco health solutions which was the market leader
3. Integration of pharmacy and medical services enhances customer service as a holistic offering to client companies
4. Over 30,000+ people are with the organization
5. It has been a part of the Fortune 500
6. Constant R&D and new patents have strengthened its position
7. Expansion plans have enhanced its position as an industry leader
Express Scripts Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Significant amount of business is tied up to top clients 2. Controversies regarding alleged fraud hurt the brand
Express Scripts Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing number of pharmaceutical companies in emerging markets
2. Emerging markets are seeing growth of indigenous companies which are potential customers
Express Scripts Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts are as mentioned:
1. Global competition from rivals offering cheaper services
2. Economic recession can affect business adversely
Express Scripts Competition
Express Scripts Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Express Scripts:
1. CVS Caremark 2. OPTUMRX, INC. 3. Catamaran Corporation 4. Prime Therapeutics
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Express Scripts. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute