Express Scripts SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Express Scripts is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector. The article below lists the Express Scripts SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Express Scripts looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts :
1. Market leadership in the US with client base consisting
2. Successful history of mergers and acquisitions like Medco health solutions which was the market leader
3. Integration of pharmacy and medical services enhances customer service as a holistic offering to client companies
4. Over 30,000+ people are with the organization
5. It has been a part of the Fortune 500
6. Constant R&D and new patents have strengthened its position
7. Expansion plans have enhanced its position as an industry leader
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Significant amount of business is tied up to top clients
2. Controversies regarding alleged fraud hurt the brand
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Express Scripts SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing number of pharmaceutical companies in emerging markets
2. Emerging markets are seeing growth of indigenous companies which are potential customers
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Express Scripts are as mentioned:
1. Global competition from rivals offering cheaper services
2. Economic recession can affect business adversely
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Express Scripts SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Express Scripts
|Express Scripts Overview|
Express Scripts Inc
Pharmacy benefit management services
Serving the prescription needs of more than 50 million Americans.
Focus on health outcome improvements
|Express Scripts STP|
Health benefit and pharmaceutical
Large employers and corporate contracts
Company providing safe and cheaper drugs
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Express Scripts. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us