Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Minuteclinic analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Minuteclinic SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Minuteclinic to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Minuteclinic is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Minuteclinic SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Minuteclinic SWOT Analysis:
For Minuteclinic, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Minuteclinic looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Minuteclinic :
1. Largest chain of walk-in clinics
2. Very high customer satisfaction rate 3. Successful loyalty programs
4. Strong network of clinics at more than 800 locations in many states and the District of Columbia
5. Served more than 20million patient across US
6. No appointments are needed which make it good for the patients
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Minuteclinic SWOT Analysis:
1. Alleged poor condition of real estate as compared to main competitor
2. Presence restricted to the US, and low market share due to intense competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Minuteclinic SWOT Analysis:
1. Aging population which comprises of one-third population above 50 years 2. Swelling affluence of middleclass in emerging markets 3. Long term wellness contracts
4. Opportunity for venturing into medical insurance
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Minuteclinic are as mentioned:
1. Diktats issued by medical associations against walk-in clinics. For example, American Academy of Pediatrics 2. Rising popularity and affordability of organized hospitals
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Minuteclinic:
1. Healthcare Clinic at Walgreens 2. Concentra 3. US Healthworks 4. AFC Doctors Express 5. MedExpress
Hence this concludes the Minuteclinic SWOT analysis.
A fast operating clinic for common illnesses and wellness services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Minuteclinic. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute