Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Henry Schein analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Henry Schein SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Henry Schein to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Henry Schein is one of the leading brands in the pharma and healthcare sector.
The article below lists the Henry Schein SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Henry Schein SWOT Analysis:
For Henry Schein, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Henry Schein Strengths
The strengths of Henry Schein looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Henry Schein :
1. Comprehensive offerings address diverse needs of highly fragmented office-based practitioners market 2. Strong direct sales and marketing team 3. company offers over 90,000 stock keeping units (SKUs) to its customers 4. approximately 1,625 inbound and outbound telesales representatives, who facilitate order processing and generate new sales
5. Good market reputation and wide variety of services offered
6. Strong customer centric approach
Henry Schein Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Henry Schein SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependence on third party manufacturers and suppliers 2. Company generally does not control the actual production of the products it sells 3. An extended interruption in the supply of the company’s products would affect its results of operations.
Henry Schein Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Henry Schein SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions likely to strengthen Henry Schein’s dental and physician services business 2. Enhanced animal health business could drive the company’s top-line growth 3. several acquisitions in the US and other countries in the recent past
Henry Schein Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Henry Schein are as mentioned:
1. Health Care Reform Law in the US may have a negative impact on the company’s operating margin 2. Intense competition likely to put pressure on the company’s profit growth 3. significant competition from many domestic and international manufacturers and distributors of healthcare supplies and equipment
Henry Schein Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Henry Schein:
1. Cardinal Health, Inc. 2. McKesson Corporation 3. Patterson Companies, Inc.
Hence this concludes the Henry Schein SWOT analysis.
innovative, integrated health care products and services
Henry Schein STP
healthcare products and services
Deliver quality health care to patients , Efficiently operate and grow practices , Increase financial return and financial security
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Henry Schein. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute