Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of CRH analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In CRH SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like CRH to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. CRH is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the CRH SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the CRH SWOT Analysis:
For CRH, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of CRH looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of CRH :
1. Operations in 35 countries makes it a global brand
2. Workforce of around 70,000+ employees 2. CRH has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange 3. It has secondary listings on the Irish Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange.
4. Worldwide operations with a diverse product portfolio Aggregate, Cement, Asphalt, Ready mixed concrete, Precast, Architectural, Construction accessories
5. The company has steadily showing a strong financial performance
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the CRH SWOT Analysis:
1. Not geographically diversified as compared to other international players 2. Tough competition and regulations in the real estate industry means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in CRH SWOT Analysis:
1 Extend operations in South American and African Countries 2. Look for Joint Ventures and Acquisitions to expand 3. Widen the portfolio of products
4. More advertising and marketing exercises can make the brand global
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of CRH are as mentioned:
1. Strong competition from competing companies 2. Different policies by different countries 3. Alleged controversies linked to the company can reduce Brand Equity
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of CRH:
A regional, national and International leader in building materials
Developed and Developing Economies, Rural and Urban Regions
High end Customers and Builders in Developed and Developing economies
One who delivers Superior performance and growth
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CRH. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute