Siam Cement SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Siam Cement, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Siam Cement to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Siam Cement is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Siam Cement SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Siam Cement SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Siam Cement, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Siam Cement looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Siam Cement :
1. Comprises of over 100 companies and operates in 5 business groups
2. Was ranked among the largest cement company in Thailand by Forbes2000
3. Successfully completed more than 100 years of operations
4. Handles over 60,000+ product items
5. Most companies in the Group have been accredited with ISO 9002 certification for quality management, ISO 14001 certification for environmental management, and TIS 18001 certification for occupation health and safety management
6. Concern for CSR initiatives as a part of their values
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Siam Cement SWOT Analysis:
1. Lesser global presence as compared to the competitors
2. Low brand awareness in countries outside Thailand
3. Brand associated with Cement production, but deals in other construction materials also. So they need to do brand awareness activities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Siam Cement SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into other countries
2. Competitors growing strongly in Asian and European countries, SCG can look for acquisitions in these companies
3. Opportunities in developing countries
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Siam Cement are as mentioned:
1.Economic downturn might impact new projects
2. Environmental regulations keep changing and are different for various countries. These might impact cement business
3. Tough competition in the cement and other sectors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Siam Cement:
Hence this concludes the Siam Cement SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Siam Cement Overview|
SCG (The Siam Cement Group)
Committed to the concept of Fair practice to all the parties
|Siam Cement STP|
Country wise, Rural and Urban areas, Builders and Consumers
Cement Dealers and Builders in Urban Regions
Trusty worthy quality products( as it believes in concept of fair practice)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Siam Cement. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us