Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fluor Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fluor Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fluor Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Fluor Corporation is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Fluor Corporation SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Fluor Corporation competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Presence across diverse industries and geographies which means minimum risk for the company as a whole
Fluor Corporation STP
Based on geography: Asia Pacific, Europe, Central and South
America, Middle East and Africa, USA and Canada
Predominantly USA and Canada
A company which gives primary importance to sustainability and environment
SWOT Analysis of Fluor Corporation
Fluor Corporation Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fluor Corporation:
1. Geographic and industry diversity which mitigates business risk related to a particular industry - Fluor primarily serves industries such as chemicals and petrochemicals, commercial and institutional, government services, health-care, life sciences, manufacturing, microelectronics, mining, oil and gas, power, renewable energy, telecommunications, and transportation infrastructure. Geographically, besides USA, it also has operations in Asia Pacific, Europe, Central and South America, and Africa 2. Strong order backlog - The company maintained a consolidated order backlog. Further, Fluor recorded a year-on-year increase of in its overall projects backlog 3. Improved focus on sustainability which enhances the company’s brand image - to help clients reduce greenhouse-gas-emissions, Fluor has developed patented carbon-dioxide (CO2) recovery technologies such as Fluor Solvent, Econamine and Econamine FG Plus
4. Over 40,000 employees are a part of the workforce
5. Has been named one of the most ethical companies for consecutive years
Fluor Corporation Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Fluor Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Litigations tarnish company’s image - Fluor received an adverse decision from an arbitration panel regarding its claims for additional compensation related to the Greater Gabbard Offshore Wind Farm Project. There have been other instances as well
2. Limited global presence means dependency on one economy only
Fluor Corporation Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Fluor Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion into nuclear energy segment - According to Energy Information Administration (EIA), world's nuclear energy consumption is expected in increase 2. Strengthening presence in renewable energy market - would corroborate its market position and pave the way for it to become a strong player in the market
Fluor Corporation Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fluor Corporation are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition likely to erode profits – number of local and international competitors, especially in the engineering and construction sector 2. Government regulations - Flour has to comply with FAR, the Truth in Negotiations Act, CAS, ARRA, the Services Contract Act and DOD security regulations, and many other laws and regulations. In addition, the company is also subject to other government regulations related to employment practices, environmental protection, health and safety, tax, accounting and anti-fraud.
Fluor Corporation Competition
Fluor Corporation Competitors
Below are the top 8 competitors of Fluor Corporation:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fluor Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute