Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of AMEC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In AMEC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like AMEC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. AMEC is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the AMEC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top AMEC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Leading private sector supplier of project management and engineering services to the nuclear industry in the UK and Canada
Engineering and project management services
Firms that require consultancy, engineering and project management services
European and American markets
Positioned as a reliable provider of consultancy, engineering and project management services to energy, power and process industries
SWOT Analysis of AMEC
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of AMEC:
1. Leading market position - The oil sands business based in Calgary, Canada is one of the market leaders in engineering services and in the provision of infrastructure to the upstream surface mining oil sands sector. The minerals and metal mining business also occupies a top-tier position in international consulting and a leading position in the North American EPCM (Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management) market. A leading position within most of its markets increases the bargaining power of the company and enhances its brand image
2. Broad service focus helps reduce risk - AMEC has established a strong presence in upstream projects in comparison with its competitors
3. Strong clientele enhances brand image - Some of the company's customers are BG Group plc, BP p.l.c., Bruce Power, ConocoPhillips, Dominion Power, EDF Energy, ExxonMobil, Imperial Oil, INPEX, Kuwait Oil Company, National Grid, PotashCorp, Sellafield, Shell, UKNDA Ltd, US Air Force, US Navy and several others.
4. Over 23000 people are employed with the organisation giving them strength and stability
Here are the weaknesses in the AMEC SWOT Analysis:
1. Weak presence in downstream operations - denies it the opportunity to gain market share in this sector
2. Geographic concentration - The company generated most of its total revenues from the European and the American market which increases AMEC's risk associated with adverse changes in the geo-political and socio-economic conditions
Following are the Opportunities in AMEC SWOT Analysis:
1. Inorganic growth - AMEC acquired Unidel, a Brisbane-based consulting, engineering and technical services company from its
owner-managers.Similarly, it has undertaken several other acquisitions, which will help the company to strengthen geographic footprint and enhance capabilities in key sectors.
2. Nuclear new-build in India - AMEC entered into an agreement with Hindustan Construction Co. Limited (HCC) for the development of new civil nuclear projects in India. AMEC can leverage HCC's strong presence to exploit the growing market in India and enhance its revenue generation capacity
3. Increasing demand for water and infrastructure services- The demand for fresh-water is expected to rise from the amount that is currently available. This provides tremendous growth opportunities in the future.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of AMEC are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition - AMEC faces stiff competition from companies such as Black & Veatch, Bechtel, Flour Corporation, and Jacobs Engineering Group. These competitors have greater financial and other resources than that of the company. As a result, AMEC
may lose contracts to larger players
2. Changing govt policies and strict environmental policies can hurt operations
3. Market dynamics and economic fluctations can also affect operations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to AMEC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute