Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Jacobs Engineering analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Jacobs Engineering SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jacobs Engineering to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Jacobs Engineering is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The table below lists the Jacobs Engineering SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Jacobs Engineering competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Focus on relationship-based business model, which is not followed by many companies across the globe
Jacobs Engineering STP
Engineering and construction services
Technical, professional and construction services
North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Australia
Positioned as a company that is dedicated to sustainable development
SWOT Analysis of Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jacobs Engineering:
1. Focus on relationship-based business model - helps build strong, long term relationships with the clients.
2. Clients' base spread over a broad range of industries - energy and refining-downstream; long-term programs for various national governments, including the US; chemicals and polymers; oil and gas-upstream; pharmaceuticals and biotechnology; infrastructure; buildings.
3. One of the leading design and construction contractors - gives the company a competitive advantage and enhances its brand image.
4. More than 60,000 people form a part of the employee workforce
5. It is rated as one of Americas most trustworthy company
Jacobs Engineering Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Jacobs Engineering SWOT Analysis:
1. Litigations leading to damage of reputation - The company was involved in a dispute concerning a project to design and build a waste incineration plant in Sausheim, France
2. Dependence on federal government contracts - The Federal Government (collectively) accounted for substantial amount of the company's total revenues. A decline in federal support to Jacobs Engineering could impact its revenues.
Jacobs Engineering Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Jacobs Engineering SWOT Analysis:
1. The growth in the unconventional natural gas industry has potential to attract huge investments in the years to come
2. Widening geographic presence and enhancing capabilities through acquisitions and partnerships
Jacobs Engineering Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jacobs Engineering are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition may adversely affect market share - could have material adverse effect on the company’s business and financial condition
2. Government regulations - The company is affected by the federal, state, local and foreign laws and regulations relating to the formation, administration and performance of government contracts.
3. Fluctuating price of international currencies and economic disturbances can affect performance
Jacobs Engineering Competition
Jacobs Engineering Competitors
Below are the top 9 competitors of Jacobs Engineering:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jacobs Engineering. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute