Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Taylor Wimpey analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Taylor Wimpey to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Taylor Wimpey is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Taylor Wimpey SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis:
For Taylor Wimpey, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Taylor Wimpey Strengths
The strengths of Taylor Wimpey looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Taylor Wimpey :
1. Robust and seamless website. IT is important when your client is an individual customer as opposed to say a big company
2. Quality of its end product is commendable; positive WOM about its properties doing the rounds in UK and Spain
3. Quick customer service mechanism that makes the customers feel good about owning/wanting to own a Taylor Wimpey
4. Nearly 4000 employees form a part of the company’s workforce
5. One of the most prominent construction companies in UK
Taylor Wimpey Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global geographical presence – the company does its operation only in the UK and select parts of Spain. There is a huge possibility of losing out on businesses due to the European slowdown and economic downturn
2. High final cost for its homes which means it is not affordable by many people in UK and Spain; It could also enter into the low end segment without affecting its brand equity
Taylor Wimpey Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis:
1. There is a huge scope for expansion beyond UK and Spain; demand for house building is growing by the day, in developing countries like India which are slowly moving towards smarter homes
2. Opportunity to diversify into other sectors like industrial, plant building etc. Given that the company has the expertise, it shouldn’t be tough
Taylor Wimpey Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Taylor Wimpey are as mentioned:
1. Growing debt burden of European nations
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
Taylor Wimpey Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Taylor Wimpey:
1. Pulte Group, Inc.
2. Persimmon Plc
3. Barratt Developments Plc
Hence this concludes the Taylor Wimpey SWOT analysis.
One of the largest British companies in the house building sector
Taylor Wimpey STP
Construction services and real estate
Only UK and Spain
Targets clients who are interested in house building; does not venture into other forms of construction
Positioned as the best provider of house building solutions when it comes to customers in the UK and Spain
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Taylor Wimpey. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute