Taylor Wimpey SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Taylor Wimpey, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Taylor Wimpey is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector. The article below lists the Taylor Wimpey SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Taylor Wimpey looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Taylor Wimpey :
1. Robust and seamless website. IT is important when your client is an individual customer as opposed to say a big company
2. Quality of its end product is commendable; positive WOM about its properties doing the rounds in UK and Spain
3. Quick customer service mechanism that makes the customers feel good about owning/wanting to own a Taylor Wimpey
4. Nearly 4000 employees form a part of the company’s workforce
5. One of the most prominent construction companies in UK
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global geographical presence – the company does its operation only in the UK and select parts of Spain. There is a huge possibility of losing out on businesses due to the European slowdown and economic downturn
2. High final cost for its homes which means it is not affordable by many people in UK and Spain; It could also enter into the low end segment without affecting its brand equity
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Taylor Wimpey SWOT Analysis:
1. There is a huge scope for expansion beyond UK and Spain; demand for house building is growing by the day, in developing countries like India which are slowly moving towards smarter homes
2. Opportunity to diversify into other sectors like industrial, plant building etc. Given that the company has the expertise, it shouldn’t be tough
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Taylor Wimpey are as mentioned:
1. Growing debt burden of European nations
2. Rising cost of construction material - Prices of other types of steel such as hot rolled plate and cold rolled coil have increased
Hence this concludes the Taylor Wimpey SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Taylor Wimpey
|Taylor Wimpey Overview|
Taylor Wimpey Plc
One of the largest British companies in the house building sector
|Taylor Wimpey STP|
Construction services and real estate
Only UK and Spain
Targets clients who are interested in house building; does not venture into other forms of construction
Positioned as the best provider of house building solutions when it comes to customers in the UK and Spain
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Taylor Wimpey. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us