Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Holcim analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Holcim SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Holcim to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Holcim is one of the leading brands in the real estate and construction sector.
The article below lists the Holcim SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Holcim competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
High Income groups, Tier I and Tier II builders, Premium Projects
Market Leader of cement
SWOT Analysis of Holcim
For Holcim, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Holcim SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Holcim looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Holcim :
1. One of the 2 largest cement manufacturers worldwide 2. Market leader in cement production in Australia, Azerbaijan, India, Slovakia, Switzerland, and Latin America 3. Focuses on Sustainable development
4. The company has over 70,000 employees in over 70 countries
5. Product portfolio for the brand includes Cement, construction aggregate, concrete
6. Its approx production capacity is 200+ million tons per annum
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Holcim SWOT Analysis:
1. Profits reduced due to weak markets 2.High transportation costs of raw materials lowers the margins
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Holcim SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of smaller players and tie-ups with big players can help improve business conditions 2. Strategic media coverage and advertising can help boost business and credibility further
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Holcim are as mentioned:
1. Post merger operations can be a tough task 2. Strong competition in all operating countries is a concern
3. Strict govt restrictions and growing operation costs can affect business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Holcim:
3. Heidelberg Cement
4. Eurocement Group
5. CRH plc
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Holcim. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute