Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of MetroPCS analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In MetroPCS SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like MetroPCS to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. MetroPCS is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The table below lists the MetroPCS SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top MetroPCS competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
We believe in the power of the period; Wireless for all
Offers nationwide 4G services without any additional charges
Middle class, upper middle class, Rich
Professionals, Business persons , Students, Labours etc
Phones for all , Plans for all
SWOT Analysis of MetroPCS
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of MetroPCS:
1. Barriers to market entry is high because of high setup cost, regulations etc. 2.Sales and distribution network is very strong 3. Experienced business units 4.The nationwide 4G LTE with no annual contract offer can increase the revenues
5. Covers over 300 million Americans coast-to-coast
6. Strong presence across US makes it a prominent brand
Here are the weaknesses in the MetroPCS SWOT Analysis:
1. The company had been criticized for lower speeds which impacted the brand
2. Intense competition means limited market share
Following are the Opportunities in MetroPCS SWOT Analysis:
1. Tap the fragmented areas as competition is low there and smaller companies lack the cost advantage that larger companies have
2.Expansion in tablets and other enhanced technologies
3. Market is maturing so entry into new markets
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of MetroPCS are as mentioned:
1.Low price & various schemes by competitors
2.A lot of substitutes available 3. Increased competition hurts subscriber growth
4. Heavy spending required to increase/sustain the market share in a mature market
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MetroPCS. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute