Royal Caribbean International SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Royal Caribbean International analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Royal Caribbean International SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Royal Caribbean International to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Royal Caribbean International is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Royal Caribbean International SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Royal Caribbean International competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Royal Caribbean International SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning, USP & Brand Analysis Table
Targets all income groups despite a niche industry
Royal Caribbean International STP
People looking for Luxury vacation
Tourists with all types of income levels
Enjoy the luxury at affordable rates
SWOT Analysis of Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Royal Caribbean International:
1. Strong market position covering substantial world market 2. High brand recognition 3. Increasing revenue streams 4. Highly satisfied customers
5.Newer ships are faster and more efficient
6. Good advertising and marketing make it a top of the mind brand
Royal Caribbean International Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Royal Caribbean International SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependency on costly fuel means limited margins 2.Differentiation is limited compared to competitors hence brand loyalty is restricted
Royal Caribbean International Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Royal Caribbean International SWOT Analysis:
1. Growth potential from the developing economies 2. Increasing popularity of cruise vacations 3. Most of the past cruisers plan to cruise again within the next 3 years. This shows high retention rate
Royal Caribbean International Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Royal Caribbean International are as mentioned:
1. Security concerns due to shipwrecks may hurt demand
2. Pricey recreational activity so few people prefer it 3. Slowdown in the developed economies
Royal Caribbean International Competition
Royal Caribbean International Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of Royal Caribbean International:
1. Carnival Corporation
2. Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Royal Caribbean International. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute