Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 21, 2021
SWOT analysis of Six Flags analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Six Flags SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Six Flags to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Six Flags is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Six Flags SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Six Flags competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The park with the maximum number of roller coasters in the world
Six Flags STP
Teen market, families with young children
Young population living in and around California
The park with some of the best thrill rides in Southern California for adventurous adults
SWOT Analysis of Six Flags
Six Flags Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Six Flags:
1. Six Flags has 17 roller coasters, which is the maximum in the world 2. The owner, Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the largest amusement park company in the world based on the number of properties. 3. The park receives an average of 2.5 million visitors every year. 4. It is has over 19 theme parks across USA and Mexico 5. Popular brand name and marketing in USA
Six Flags Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Six Flags SWOT Analysis:
1. The theme park has limited brand awareness abroad, hence limited international tourists 2. Tough competition from other established theme parks means limited market share growth
Six Flags Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Six Flags SWOT Analysis:
1. The park can license popular characters in order to attract more visitors 2. The market demographics suggest that it has a majority of families with 10-12 year old children, who are potential customers for amusement parks 3.It can take advantage of the owner company’s vast experience in operating several successful amusement parks
Six Flags Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Six Flags are as mentioned:
1. The park caters mainly to the teen market segment, which has less spending capacity as compared to families 2.Southern California has many impressive amusement parks that are involved in constant innovation and experimentation, making it a very competitive market 3.If the park does not recover quickly from the negative reputation that it has earned, it will witness a major drop in attendance
Six Flags Competition
Six Flags Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Six Flags:
1. Disney’s California Adventure, USA 2.Legoland 3. Universal Studios, USA
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Six Flags. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute