Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SeaWorld Parks analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SeaWorld Parks SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SeaWorld Parks to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SeaWorld Parks is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the SeaWorld Parks SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top SeaWorld Parks competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A Chain of three parks dedicated to marine creatures and animals
SeaWorld Parks STP
Children, youngsters and families
Youngsters and families living in USA
The parks offer a world of exploration for all the lovers of aquatic life
SWOT Analysis of SeaWorld Parks
SeaWorld Parks Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SeaWorld Parks:
1. There are three SeaWorld Parks at three different locations in the US, thus widening the customer base. 2. The parent company operates as many as 11 different theme parks throughout USA. 3. Except for the park in San Diego, the other two parks operate throughout the year. 4. The most visited SeaWorld Park, SeaWorld, Orlando welcomes more than 5 million guests annually and is the 9th most visited amusement park in USA.
SeaWorld Parks Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the SeaWorld Parks SWOT Analysis:
1. Individually the parks offer very few rides (an average of 10 each) 2. The parks are not as popular outside USA as some of the other theme parks in USA
SeaWorld Parks Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in SeaWorld Parks SWOT Analysis:
1. The variety of shows and exhibits can draw many visitors. 2. The variety of species of aquatic animals in the park has the potential to attract many visitors.
3. The parent company has a vast experience is operating theme parks, which the parks can take advantage of.
4. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park can try to increase its customer base.
5. By introducing new attractions from time to time, the park can attract more and more visitors.
SeaWorld Parks Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SeaWorld Parks are as mentioned:
1. The parks face stiff competition from the other theme parks in the country which are far more superior in terms of popularity and offerings. 2. If the parks stop introducing new attractions, they will lose their customer base. 3. Many theme parks based on the theme of aquatic animals in other parts of the world reduce the inflow of international visitors.
SeaWorld Parks Competition
SeaWorld Parks Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of SeaWorld Parks:
1. Disneyland Parks and Resort, USA 2. Universal Theme Parks, USA 3. Discovery Cove
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SeaWorld Parks. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute