Meru Cabs SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Meru Cabs, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Meru Cabs to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Meru Cabs is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the Meru Cabs SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Meru Cabs SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Meru Cabs, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Meru Cabs looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Meru Cabs :
1. First mover advantage as a radio taxi operator
2. High awareness as a taxi operator
3.Presence across many cities across India
4. Trained drivers with good condition of cars with safety of prime importance, who are taught at the Meru training academy
5. Meru Cabs was one of the first companies to launch metered "Radio cabs
6. Available 24x7 with e-bill services for the customers
7. Serves over 2 million customers and has been recognized with several awards
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Meru Cabs SWOT Analysis:
1. As per their business model, it owns taxis and hence fixed investment is high
2. Sudden surge in competition means limited margins and lower market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Meru Cabs SWOT Analysis:
1. Unorganized market in India is huge (~90%) and hence potential is high
2. Increasing internet penetration & smart phone users
3. Rising disposable income
4. Shifting of consumers towards convenience creates huge demand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Meru Cabs are as mentioned:
1. Rising competition
2. Uber & ola cabs have deep pocket and hence can burn cash heavily
3. Presence of many national players
4. Absence of clear government regulations in developing countries
5. Future is unclear due to lack of regulations and Customer loyalty is less in this industry
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Meru Cabs:
1. Uber Cabs
2. Ola cabs
4. Unorganized players (Auto rickshaws/Taxis)
5. Carpooling services
Hence this concludes the Meru Cabs SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Meru Cabs Overview|
Meru Cab Company Pvt. Ltd
Taxi Service provider
Rely on us
Transparent pricing structure and the Meru training academy
|Meru Cabs STP|
People who mobile from one place to another for any purpose
Customers who are in need of cabs instantly
India’s No. 1 Radio Cab Service
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Meru Cabs. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us