Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Union Pacific analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Union Pacific SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Union Pacific to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Union Pacific is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The table below lists the Union Pacific SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Union Pacific competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Business which require transportation and logistics services
Transportation of chemicals, coal, food and food products, forest products, grain and grain products, intermodal, metals and minerals, and automobiles and parts
North America's premier railroad franchise
SWOT Analysis of Union Pacific
Union Pacific Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Union Pacific:
1. Strong Operational Network in US 2. Robust Financial performance 3. Diversified revenue streams 4. More than 40,000 employees and operates more than 8,000 locomotives on 32,000+ miles in 23 states of central and western United states
Union Pacific Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Union Pacific SWOT Analysis:
1. Heavy dependence on few suppliers 2. Relatively low global tie-ups and presence
Union Pacific Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Union Pacific SWOT Analysis:
1. Positive outlook of US agricultural trade 2. Increasing demand of coal in US 3. Emerging markets and expansion abroad
Union Pacific Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Union Pacific are as mentioned:
1. Slowdown in US economy 2. Rising oil prices 3. External changes (government, politics, taxes etc.)
Union Pacific Competition
Union Pacific Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Union Pacific:
1. BNSF Railway 2. American commercial lines Inc. 3. CNX transportation Inc.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Union Pacific. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute