SWOT Analysis of Smiths Group with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Smiths Group plc
Technology and services
Bringing technology to life
Innovation and technological excellence
Engineered products, Medicine, Sensor, Electronic and radio, Aerospace
Oil and gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, pulp and paper and mining industries, hospitals and laboratories, US Department of Defense, US Transportation Security Administration, and the UK Ministry of Defense, Industries using electronic and radio frequency devices
Global leader in the development, application and transformation of state-of-the-art technology into products and services that meet our customers’ evolving needs
1. Operates in North America, Europe and Asia with 23,000+ employees 2. Has its presence in over 180 countries
3. Diversified customer base across multiple sectors with no customer accounted for more than 3% of the group's total revenue 4. Diversified revenue stream – John Crane Smiths Medical; Smiths Detection; Smiths Interconnect; and Flex-Tek
5. Globally spread production bases with a listing on London Stock Exchange
1. Legal issues with claims and has had final judgments against it in many cases, resulting into approximately substantial payment 2. Geographic concentration of revenue – US accounting for nearly half of total revenue 3. Decreasing revenue from Japan
1. New contracts help in generating incremental revenues 2. Favorable outlook for Smiths Interconnect business 3. Expansion opportunities into process instruments
1. Challenging economic environment in the US and Europe 2. Intense competition 3. Extensive regulations
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Smiths Group. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.