SWOT Analysis of Church’s Chicken with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Friedman Fleischer & Lowe
Food and Beverages
A whole lot of Chicken Genius, Full Flavor, Full Pockets, Full Life
Specializing in fried chicken
People who eat chicken
Targets the young, Chicken enthusiast but also appeals to the family consumer.
Quick service restaurant specializing in fried chicken
1. Strong brand recall - Church's became the second-largest chicken restaurant chain in 1989, when it merged with Popeyes Chicken & Biscuits
2. Widespread Presence - Church's Chicken owns and franchises more than 1,500+ fast food chicken restaurants in approx 25+ countries 3. The menu for Church's has greatly expanded with newer entree choices emerging constantly 4. Has been in the market for decades – grown through new looks, products, new advertising campaigns
5. Brand Mascot : Churchie the brand's loveable mascot.
6. Multichannel network - It opened kiosks and operations in convenience stores and co-branded with the White Castle hamburger chain in several dozen locations.
7. Promotional activities - Collaboration with Coca-Cola on a promotion called Be Heard, which uses mobile technology to engage and interact with a younger segment of Church’s target audience.
1. The brand is yet to explore opportunities abroad compared to other leading food joints especially in emerging economies 2. Vast franchise network – leading to inconsistencies in offering quality
1. Introduce a low cal / Healthy range for health conscious customers 2. Expand menu to include Breakfast options
3. Introducing the brand in newer geographies would help increase business
1. Increasing focus of customers towards healthy food 2. Seasonal fluctuations in demand due to bird flu and other such epidemics 3.Several big fried chicken franchise players – making it a highly competitive business segment
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.