SWOT Analysis of Wingstop with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Roark Capital Group
Food and Beverages
The Wing Experts
Buffalo-style chicken wings
Food and beverages for Adults with Kids , Yout
Working Adults , Students who who have a taste for Chicken – and focus on taste over health
Nostalgic, aviation-themed restaurants
1. Offer a variety of house-made sides including Wingstop’s award winning hand-cut seasoned fries.
2. Focussed positioning - original concept that our fresh, made-to-order wings and chicken remain the only center of the plate item on the menu.
3. Diverse customer base - menu attractive to the vast majority of consumers. proprietary sauces and seasonings – offer a variety of flavor selections for a single entrée buffalo style wings
4. Widespread geographical presence -more than 660 restaurants open across the United States, Mexico, Russia, Singapore, the Philippines and Indonesia, with locations coming soon to the United Arab Emirates.
5. Differentiated from competition through proprietary recipes and superior customer service offerings
6. some locations offer some of the highest sales per square foot in the industry
7. Majority carryout business -requires less space per location – lower costs
8. A chain with 650 restaurants either open or in development
1. Limited Advertising Spend and lacks a well developed marketing strategy
2. Not much focus on promotional activities to keep customers engaged
1. Innovation on the menu front to include healthy food options for the weight - watchers
2. Tie-ups with big players and expanding to newer geographies can boost brand presence
3. More spend on advertising and online marketing to enhance brand image
1. Franchise model – makes it difficult to implement strict quality control and standardization practices
2. The company has to bare the increasing operational costs
3. Higher competitor activity can also reduce the market share
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.