Posted in Industrial Products and Chemicals, Total Reads: 7200
SWOT Analysis of Fevicol with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Pidilite Industries Ltd.
Adhesives & FMCG
The Ultimate Adhesive
The largest selling white adhesive brand in India.
Customers looking for economic products with quick solutions to their problems.
Wholesalers, retailers, stationery stores, carpenters, housewives, students
The No. 1 white adhesive brand in Asia.
1. A very popular and famous brand, Fevicol has been a household name for generations and has become synonymous with anything that sticks or holds items together. 2. Viral advertising campaigns by O&M have been a trend of Fevicol’s marketing strategies, which have been greatly appreciated by viewers and applauded by advertising agencies & critics. E.g.:- “pakde rehna, chhodna nahi” ads involving, either people hanging from a rope or people clinging to the local trains or even the childrenwho are born with a moustache because their parents used Fevicol to stick theirs. 3. They boast of a very strong supply and distribution network across India with more than 65,000 dealers and retailers. 4. Different SKUs and packages account for customer-friendly approach and ease of application.
5. Market reach is tremendous, with countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, South Africa, China and Japan also witnessing increase in sales of the brand.
6. Easily the market leader in India under the adhesives category with majority market share.
1. There are not many offers or schemes for carpenters, who are the largest consumers of the brand 2. Lack of focus towards Middle East, European and American nations to increase market share and sales.
1. Below-the-line promotional activities like the Champions Club for carpenters and Fevicol MR Buddy series which involve children with a knack for art and craft exhibiting their talent. 2. Product variations and extensions such as Fevicol Marine, which can be used underwater and Fevicol Speedx, which binds things very quickly have been welcomed by the respective customers. 3. The customer preference towards the purchase of wooden furniture is increasing day-by-day, which is a good signal for adhesive brands like Fevicol to rake in some sales.
1.Entry barriers for the adhesives industry are very few due to which new entrants can enter the market very easily. 2. Global trade has been hit due to the global economic downturn and hence, exports are being affected. 3. There has been a decline in the advertising for Fevicol which might result in reduced brand recall.
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.