Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 11128
SWOT Analysis of Banana Republic with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle & Retail
Banana Republic specializes in higher-end clothing and basics, carrying suits, personal care, and intimates
Banana Republic caters to a segment looking for premium products willing to pay a premium price
Target market is the 25-35 age group.
Fashionable wear at accessible prices.
1.Global brand recognition and popular brand image
2. Franchising system opted by the brand and thus easy to expand.
3. The brand is popular with premium class looking for luxury
4.International fashion and global trends are religiously followed by the brand thus satisfying the needs of its loyal customers 5. Offers diverse products like apparel, shoes, handbags etc for both women and men 6. Strong distribution of Gap means available at all multi-brand retail stores globally
1. Sometimes perceived as an extremely expensive product 2. Competition from existing brands means more brand switching
1. Global markets in Europe and China and other emerging economies 2. Penetration of e-commerce i.e. sales made online is growing 3. Tie-ups with fashion houses and retail chains
1. Economic fluctuations affect apparel retail business 2. Cost of prime real estate is competitive, i.e. location of stores is a key factor of it’s strategy 3. Increasing awareness and penetration of competitive brands
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.