SWOT Analysis of JC Penney with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
J. C. Penney Company, Inc.
Lifestyle and Retail
Chain of American mid-range department stores
American citizens looking for household products
Middle class and upper middle class families
Mid-range department stores
1. Present in more than 1100+ number of locations 2. Revenue performance is great with a strong financial position 3. Present in Clothing, Footwear, Furniture, Jewelry, Beauty products,Electronics. 4. It offers kids free haircuts
5. Offers shipment of goods which enhances customer experience
6. Has launched a variety of private labels
1. The company has less presence globally specially emerging economies
2. The market share is limited as even competitors give similar offerings
1.Disposable income is increasing of the customers
2. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
4. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
1.Playing on price point level 2.Financial control is not their on operational cost
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JC Penney. The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.