Posted in Media & Entertainment, Total Reads: 1042
SWOT Analysis of Lionsgate with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Lionsgate Entertainment Corporation
Television and mini film distribution company
Multiple divisions which offer wide range of entertainment options.
Segments the population based on their entertainment needs and tastes.
Distribution and production of films, TV series, video on demand services
One of the leading entertainment companies in the North America
1. It owns the following Divisions – Lionsgate Films, Lionsgate Premiere, Lionsgate Television, Lionsgate Home Entertainment, Lionsgate Music & Publishing. 2. It is the seventh most profit making movie studio 3. It is the leader in television distribution in North America. 4. Lionsgate Films focuses on independent films, it has distributed The Twilight saga, The Hunger Games etc.
5. Through Lionsgate Premiere, it handles video on demand market and streaming services
6. Many acquisitions in the Television content production and distribution companies.
7. Lionsgate has high diversification of products and services in the entertainment industry.
8. It earned seven golden globe nominations in the year 2015.
1.Involved in a very limited of distribution of big banner films 2.Maintaining a low cost distribution network is a challenge 3. Declining revenues in the entertainment industry
1. Expansion to markets outside of USA 2. Starting the production of animated movies/series whose demand is growing. 3.Providing more entertainment options online like expanding its video on demand services
1. High international competition 2. The entertainment market for movies and television is a mature market 3. Threat from the online sources of entertainment.
4. Other leisure activities like travelling, sports, digital games etc. posing a threat to the traditional entertainment industry.
1.20th Century Fox 2. Universal Studios 3. Focus Features
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.