Posted in Real Estate and Construction, Total Reads: 2772
SWOT Analysis of Balfour Beatty with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Real Estate and Construction
Providing the assets that societies need to function, develop and thrive
Global knowledge across the infrastructure lifecycle
Real estate and construction services
Infrastructure investments, professional services, construction services, support services
US and UK are major target markets
Positioned as a company that strives to provide world class infrastructure services across the infrastructure lifecycle
1. Well diversified business across geographies and markets – In uncertain times, diversity is the strength. Breadth of diversity across geographies and markets provides balance and resilience to counter the economic uncertainties that remain in some of its markets.
2. Ability to provide integrated business solutions - will increase the company's revenue and hence profitability
3. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme - resulted in savings. Successful implementation of cost efficiency programme results in great savings for the company and helps it improve its margins.
4. Over 50,000 people are a part of the company
1. Given, the company’s declining debt servicing capabilities it could face tough conditions for refinancing its debt.
2. Deficit in pension funds increases liability - Balfour Beatty's pension liabilities may impair its liquidity and place the company at a competitive disadvantage compared to some of its competitors who do not have such liabilities and cash requirements. Deficit in pension funds may increase the company’s liability.
3. Excessive dependence on the UK and US markets is a concern
1. Infrastructure business offers outstanding opportunities in emerging economies
2. Positive trend of power sector - The global power generation industry grew by a substantial amount, this could benefit the company’s success.
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can enhance the company's image and position
1. Regulatory pressures - Companies such as Balfour Beatty engage in construction activities and are exposed to high level of safety and security regulation by the government. Regulatory pressures may pose
a threat of depressing future prospects.
2. Intense competition - would increase the operational risk for the company and will pressurize its operating margins
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.