Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of SilkAir analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SilkAir SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like SilkAir to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. SilkAir is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the SilkAir SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top SilkAir competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Full-fledged airline travelling to several international destinations
Business travelers and tourists wanting good customer service and comfort
Best in class luxury and service with flights to destinations in SEA
SWOT Analysis of SilkAir
For SilkAir, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the SilkAir SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of SilkAir looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of SilkAir :
1. Meet the needs of the customers who want a reliable and safe flight for a competitive price
2. Air tickets for short and medium haul destinations 3. Explores more exotic destinations, without diluting its brand and pricing.
4. Maintained annual double digit capacity growth, driven by the introduction of new 737-800s
5. Nearly 1500 people are employed with the brand
6. Popular frequent flyer program for loyal customers
7. It also has Tradewinds Tours and Travel as its subsidiary
8. The brand has been recognized with several awards
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the SilkAir SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global reach compared to larger international players
2. Increasing fuel and labor prices have made margins & profits very little
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in SilkAir SWOT Analysis:
1. Long-haul low-cost operations can become core to long term evolution
2. Partnerships can be expanded 3. Premium economy product should boost competitiveness
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of SilkAir are as mentioned:
1. Capacity growth has unexpectedly slowed since it took its first 737-800 in Feb-2014. 2. Competition from Gulf carriers 3. Overcapacity in the regional market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of SilkAir:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to SilkAir. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute