Jet Airways SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Jet Airways, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Jet Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Jet Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Jet Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Jet Airways SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Jet Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Jet Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Jet Airways :
1. Jet Airways has created a good image among the Indian fliers
2. Jet Airways is a trusted airline by the corporates
3. One of the biggest Indian airline companies with over 13,000 employees
4. Operations in over 60+ Indian cities and over 400 daily flights
5. Jet Airways is a top of the mind brand due to excellent operations and marketing
6. It also has international destinations in nearly 20 countries
7. Jet Airways has a strong customer service and provides inflight entertainment, lounges, frequent flier programs etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Jet Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition from the LCCs and other competitors means market share growth is tough for Jet Airways
2. Presence of other airlines on international routes making it difficult to have significant market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Jet Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Jet Airways is strongly positioned in the International routes
2. Has presence in every segment
3. Increasing number of people opting to travel by airlines
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Jet Airways are as mentioned:
1. LCCs eatiing up the marketshare of Jet Airways
2. Rising Fuel Costs and Labour Costs
3. Unfavorable Govt policies and aviation regulations can affect Jet Airways' business operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Jet Airways:
3. Air India
4. Go Air
Hence this concludes the Jet Airways SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Jet Airways Overview|
|Parent Company||Tailwinds Limited|
Indian domestic sector
The Joy of Flying
Jet Airways is a premium airline in India offering High Class services
Jet Airways STP
Air travellers preferring comfort over economy
Corporate, Upper Middle Class
Jet Airways is a premium airline based out of India serving domestic and international sectors
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Jet Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us