Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of KLM analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In KLM SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like KLM to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. KLM is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the KLM SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top KLM competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
KLM is one of the oldest airline in the world still operating under its original name
People looking for comfort and punctuality
Upper middle class urban
Oldest operational airline which has the maximum experience
SWOT Analysis of KLM
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of KLM:
1. KLM is a very positive image amongst the customers 2. Besides Sky Team,KLM has code-sharing agreement with many other airlines 3. Good brand image because of KLM AirCares, a programme that aids underprivileged children 4. Average age of fleet is less which comprises 200+ aircrafts
5. Good advertising and branding have made KLM a top brand recall
6. Merger of KLM and Air France has made them a powerful force in the airline industry
7. More than 35000+ employees are with the airline
8. KLM has a reach to more than 140 destinations worldwide
Here are the weaknesses in the KLM SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for KLM
2. Past accidents and incidents have often hurt the brand image
Following are the Opportunities in KLM SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunities for KLM by expansion in the low cost carrier segment
2. More efficient aircrafts in development by both Boeing and Airbus: greater passenger capacity can lead to reduced costs per seat
3. Sustainable growth opportunities, it will help to gain access to any market that will increase the quality its network
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of KLM are as mentioned:
1. Government bailouts for competitors may lead to unfair competition also governmental interference with respect to consolidations is a problem 2. Local airlines could pick up short-distance non-business passengers thereby affecting KLM 's business
3. Increasing environmental concerns may lead to higher taxes
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to KLM. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute