Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Ethiopian Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Ethiopian Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Ethiopian Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Ethiopian Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Ethiopian Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Ethiopian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For Ethiopian Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Ethiopian Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Ethiopian Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ethiopian Airlines :
1. Significantly increased the number of air travelers carried, and tripled the carried cargo with increased traffic to Europe, North America and Asia
2. Its main hub Addis Ababa is very well located for the traffic between Intra Africa-India/South Asia and Latin America-India/South Asia 3. Operates the Youngest Fleet in Africa with an average age of 9.5 4. Association with Star Alliance helps to strengthen position in the domestic and international market
Ethiopian Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ethiopian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Low revenue from home market 2. Lack of financial support from Government
Ethiopian Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ethiopian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding reach to Latin America, Asia 2. Additional Revenue opportunities from Training and MRO Facilities 3. Leverage mentorship of Lufthansa
Ethiopian Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ethiopian Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Increasing Aviation fuel cost 2. The lucrative African aviation market is attracting strong global players thus challenging its strong position in the domestic market 3. Improvement in road and railway infrastructure could lead to a reduction in demand for air transport
Ethiopian Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Ethiopian Airlines:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ethiopian Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute