China Eastern Airlines SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of China Eastern Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In China Eastern Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like China Eastern Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. China Eastern Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the China Eastern Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the China Eastern Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For China Eastern Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
China Eastern Airlines Strengths
The strengths of China Eastern Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of China Eastern Airlines :
1. Strong hubs at Shanghai Pudong International Airport and Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport and carried 65 million domestic and international passengers
2. Merger with Shanghai Airlines ensured strong presence in domestic Chinese market
3. Strong presence on routes in Asia, North America and Australia
4. Started operations to New York from Shanghai, making it the longest non-stop route for the airline.
China Eastern Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the China Eastern Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. The Chinese government has a majority ownership stake in China Eastern Airlines hence there is not much flexibility of operations 2. Lack of online presence as compared to other airlines
China Eastern Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in China Eastern Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Scope to start services to Rome and other European destinations 2. Leverage on strong brand image in the domestic market
China Eastern Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of China Eastern Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Government interference in the operations can be a hindrance in growth 2. Increasing cost of fuel 3. Increasing online presence of other airlines and better services provided at the same cost
China Eastern Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of China Eastern Airlines:
1. Air China 2. China Southern Airlines 3. Air India
Hence this concludes the China Eastern Airlines SWOT analysis.
China's second-largest carrier by passenger numbers and the world’s third-biggest carriers by market value
China Eastern Airlines STP
Customers looking for cost effectiveness
Middle class and upper middle class
Mid-priced airline (neither cheap nor too expensive)
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to China Eastern Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute