Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Alaska Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Alaska Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Alaska Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Alaska Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Alaska Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Alaska Airways SWOT Analysis:
For Alaska Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Alaska Airways Strengths
The strengths of Alaska Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Alaska Airways :
1. It is the seventh-largest US airline in terms of passenger traffic 2. J. D. Power and Associates ranked Alaska Airlines highest in customer satisfaction for traditional North American airlines for 5 consecutive years
3. Alaska Airlines carries more passengers between the state of Alaska and the contiguous United States than any other airline thus has a strong presence in domestic market 4. Due to the geographic location of Alaska, air travel is the largest form of transportation
Alaska Airways Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Alaska Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Not a member of any of the Airline Alliances 2. Absence in lucrative Asian market
Alaska Airways Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Alaska Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. In-flight entertainment player created by Alaska 2. Membership of any airline alliance will help to increase reach via code share agreements 3. Leverage on association with Starbucks to provide onboard coffee by creating awareness in all Starbucks outlets
Alaska Airways Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Alaska Airways are as mentioned:
1. Fluctuating demand of air travel by economy class 2. Increasing cost of aviation fuel 3. Increasing cost of training employees as high technology is used by Alaska
Alaska Airways Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Alaska Airways:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Alaska Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute