Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aeroflot analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aeroflot SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aeroflot to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Aeroflot is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Aeroflot competitors and includes Aeroflot target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
First airline to successfully operate regular jet airliner services
Business men / customers seeking leisure and comfort
Aeroflot Target Market
Upper middle class / high income groups
Sincerity and Friendliness
Aeroflot SWOT Analysis
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aeroflot:
1. Aeroflot has been transformed from a state-run enterprise into a semi-privatized airline which ranks amongst the most profitable in the world 2. It is one of the oldest airlines and during the Soviet era, Aeroflot was the Soviet national airline and the largest airline in the world thus it has a very strong brand name
3. With a fleet size of over 125 it provides services to nearly 120 cities in 50+ countries. One of the few airlines to have such a wide reach
4. Good brand reputation and visibility
Here are the weaknesses in the Aeroflot SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of pilot training and technical services in the subsidiaries of Aeroflot
2. Aeroflot isn’t active at small regional airports.
3. The lack of systems providing customers’ feedback does not allow the company to focus completely on the changing demand
Following are the Opportunities in Aeroflot SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunities for steady growth in the domestic market and to obtain larger share of the domestic market.
2. Potential to construct new terminal for the VIP aviation in Pulkovo St Petersburg.
3. Aeroflot intends to bid in a tender for privatizing Czech Airlines
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aeroflot are as mentioned:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aeroflot. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute