Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aeroflot analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aeroflot SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aeroflot to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aeroflot is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Aeroflot SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aeroflot SWOT Analysis:
For Aeroflot, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Aeroflot looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aeroflot :
1. Aeroflot has been transformed from a state-run enterprise into a semi-privatized airline which ranks amongst the most profitable in the world 2. It is one of the oldest airlines and during the Soviet era, Aeroflot was the Soviet national airline and the largest airline in the world thus it has a very strong brand name
3. With a fleet size of over 125 it provides services to nearly 120 cities in 50+ countries. One of the few airlines to have such a wide reach
4. Good brand reputation and visibility
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aeroflot SWOT Analysis:
1. Lack of pilot training and technical services in the subsidiaries of Aeroflot
2. Aeroflot isn’t active at small regional airports.
3. The lack of systems providing customers’ feedback does not allow the company to focus completely on the changing demand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aeroflot SWOT Analysis:
1. Opportunities for steady growth in the domestic market and to obtain larger share of the domestic market.
2. Potential to construct new terminal for the VIP aviation in Pulkovo St Petersburg.
3. Aeroflot intends to bid in a tender for privatizing Czech Airlines
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aeroflot are as mentioned:
First airline to successfully operate regular jet airliner services
Business men / customers seeking leisure and comfort
Upper middle class / high income groups
Sincerity and Friendliness
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aeroflot. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute