Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Austrian Airlines analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Austrian Airlines SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Austrian Airlines to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Austrian Airlines is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Austrian Airlines SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Austrian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
For Austrian Airlines, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Austrian Airlines Strengths
The strengths of Austrian Airlines looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Austrian Airlines :
1. Being a subsidiary of Lufthansa it is associated with a strong brand name
2. It owns shares in many companies and hence has a steady financial inflow 3. With a fleet size of nearly 80 it provides services to over 130 destinations all over the world 4. Strong brand presence across Europe
Austrian Airlines Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Austrian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. All its flights are operated by subsidiary Tyrolean Airways and this can be risky if there are any financial or operational problems faced by the subsidiary
2. Since its a subsidiary of Lufthansa, all strategic and administrative decisions cannot be taken by Austrian Airlines 3. Restricting the company may result in increase in fares
Austrian Airlines Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Austrian Airlines SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage association with Brand Lufthansa as financial support has been approved by Lufthansa for restructuring 2. Expand services to South American and Australian markets 3.More brand awareness through advertising and increasing destinations
Austrian Airlines Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Austrian Airlines are as mentioned:
1. Strong competition in the saturated European market 2. Increasing cost of aviation fuel 3.Government regulations and taxes may affect financials to a large extent
Austrian Airlines Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Austrian Airlines:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Austrian Airlines. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute