United Continental Holdings SWOT Analysis, Competitors, STP & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of United Continental Holdings analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In United Continental Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like United Continental Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. United Continental Holdings is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top United Continental Holdings competitors and includes United Continental Holdings target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of United Continental Holdings:
1. It is the parent company of two world class, dominant players in the airline industry; United Airlines and Continental Airlines 2. It is a very trusted brand 3. It is the founding member of Star Alliance 4. UCH's United is the largest U.S. carrier to the People’s Republic of China and maintains a large operation throughout Asia
5. Has an employee strength of over 85,000+
United Continental Holdings Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the United Continental Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Weakening financial performance is a concern 2. Heavy dependence on third party providers, many of the operations such as customer care, aircraft maintenance, aircraft fueling are outsourced
United Continental Holdings Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in United Continental Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing U.S airline industry, U.S. airline industry and global airline industry
2. Increasing disposal income of people leading to increased demand for air travel 3. Global penetration trying to tap global customers
United Continental Holdings Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of United Continental Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Competition from a number of Airlines targeting U.S market and Price discounting 2. Increasing cost of Aviation fuel 3. Strong union of employees may lead to strikes and flight cancelations
United Continental Holdings Competition
Below are the top 3 United Continental Holdings competitors:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to United Continental Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute